Your daily look at nonvirus stories in the news:
1. ‘THEY BEAT ME AND SOLD ME’ Slavery of Yazidi women was strictly mapped out from the earliest days of the formation of the Islamic State militant group, an AP investigation finds.
2. DEADLY CYCLONE RAKES SOUTH ASIA The powerful storm rips through densely populated coastal India and Bangladesh, blowing off roofs and whipping up waves that swallowed embankments and bridges, killing dozens.
3. FEDS RAISED CONCERNS ABOUT MICHIGAN DAM Federal regulators revoked the hydroelectric facility’s license over safety violations two years before the flooding that forced 10,000 people to evacuate.
4. WHO HAS NATION’S BEST BEACH Grayton Beach in the Florida Panhandle was chosen in part because of its sugar-white sand and its clear, emerald-green water.
5. HAMLIN TAKES RARE WEDNESDAY NASCAR RACE The Daytona 500 winner captures the rain-shortened event at Darlington, the first time in NASCAR history that the Cup Series had two points-paying races at the same track in one week.